Sound employment practices empower people and
result in more effective and sustainable businesses to
harvest New Zealand’s national wool clip.
• Employment Agreements
• Drug and Alcohol policy
• Safe Driving policy
Health & Safety
Good Health & Safety is good business. Realistic Health &
Safety processes, based on recognised Best Practice, are
integrated into the day to day work environment.
• Hazard identification and management. Woolshed WOF checklists
• Incident/injury reporting and recording
• Emergency procedures information sheets or notices including:
• workplace location
• emergency contact details
• designated gathering area
Effective wool harvesting requires highly skilled individuals
working as a well-organised team. Appropriate training,
mentoring and experience is required to develop and
maintain a sustainable workforce.
• A Capability Checklist highlighting strengths and skill-gaps in
• A Training Plan to ensure that the team/s can meet all
More about The Program